Dinner+Music combines two great things: food for the body and music for the soul. The event includes dinner of homemade soups, breads and desserts followed by a special program/music.
Concert+Dance: The Jazz Messengers are a jazz combo that plays big band music and is made up of professional and amateur musicians from Quincy, IL and the Tri-State region pulled from the larger group making up The Big River Swing Machine. The combo’s wide repertoire includes 40's swing standards as well as modern big band jazz favorites.
Bad Art by Good People Art Auction
2024 ART AUCTION - Thursday, April 25
Details/Tickets: Purchase Tickets Here!
Works of art created by area community leaders paired with artists/mentors will be auctioned off.
The Bad Art by Good People title is truly meant to be tongue in cheek, as the end-product of the community leader working with an artist/mentor will more than likely be good. Community leaders were matched with artists/mentors by drawing names out of a hat back in November. The Hannibal Arts Council is excited to connect community leaders and artists in a new way by implementing this new fundraising concept, which was modified from similar ones produced by arts organizations in Kansas and Ohio.
- Steve Ayers – Justin Gibson/Benson Financial Group
- Peggy Burchard-Ballard – Clint Graham/Hannibal Public Schools
- Rebecca Butler – Melissa Cummins/Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing & Health Sciences
- Kim Caisse – Frannie Altheide, HNB
- Todd Damotte – Dr. Ken Mueller/International Eyecare Center
- Becky Evans – Kire Parker/Dutch Country General Store
- Patricia Garey – JD Dodd/Hannibal Regional Healthcare System
- Vilma Holt – Paige Pfeiffer/Hannibal Area Chamber of Commerce
- Deb Scoggin-Myers – Emily Trevathan/Twisted Juniper Yoga/Prestige Realty/Douglass Community Services
- James Zimmerman – Allan Atkins/Independent’s Services Company
2023 FINISHED ART PIECES SOLD AT AUCTION
Art History Luncheon
The Art History Luncheon is a special event designed to fit into a workday lunch hour and also take that time to educate, enrich and engage through focusing on one famous painter or painting from history.
The 2024 Art History Luncheon will be held on Friday, September, 6. More info on the topic/subject and reservations to come later.
Past Art History Luncheon Topics:
Coffee Talk Conversation Series
The Coffee Talk Conversation Series is designed to be relaxed, informal and informative. Through the Coffee Talk Conversation Series, the Hannibal Arts Council will present community members speaking on various topics, including travel, history, health, food, well-being and yes, art. The series is designed on the premise that everyone has a story and a wide variety of interests and are sometimes willing to share that with an audience. Program partners include Wade Stables P.C. and the Missouri Arts Council.
Coffee Talk Conversation Series is FREE and open to the public!
No Coffee Talks are scheduled at this time. Check back here for updated information!
To learn about other upcoming HAC programs see the "What's Happening Now" section on our homepage.